Welcome to ParisDiscoveryGuide.com, an independent online travel guide created with enthusiasm by real people who love Paris, experience all the events, attractions, and fun things to do, and enjoy sharing them with you. Our goal? Giving you the information you need to make the most of your trip to Paris, whether you're coming for the first time or know the city well.
Paris has some of the most famous landmarks in the world - the Eiffel Tower, Arc de Triomphe, Notre Dame Cathedral - and layers of history going back to the Romans and before. Just exploring all its famous historical sites and neighborhoods, beautiful old churches, world-class museums filled with priceless treasures, and iconic landmarks and monuments could easily fill up all your time for multiple visits.
But Paris is also a vibrant modern city with a robust music scene fueling numerous concerts every night of the week, lively street markets, wonderful places to shop at every price range, phenomenal food and wine for every taste, and a vibrant art scene in the hipper parts of the city.
If you're visiting with kids or teens, you'll find lots of family-friendly attractions and activities ranging from pony rides and puppet shows in the parks for the little ones to Segway tours and cooking classes for older kids.
If you just like to explore - in other words, be a traveler instead of a tourist - start with the city's arrondissements. Each contains its own unique quartiers, neighborhoods, ambiance, and personality. Walk around, have a café crème or apéritif at the sidewalk cafes where local residents gather, shop in the small boutiques and outdoor markets, and relax in the lesser-known parks you'll never see mentioned in travel guides.
Attend some of the many free art, music, and film festivals scheduled throughout the year, celebrate the big events such as Bastille Day and New Year's Eve, and cheer on Les Bleus (national French sports teams) at one of the big Paris stadiums.
At Paris Discovery Guide, we're committed to providing all the information you need to help you plan your trip to Paris, whether you want to do all the fun touristy things like go to the top of the Eiffel Tower and take a Seine River cruise, immerse yourself in the amazing museums by day and soak up classical concerts in spectacular old churches in the evenings (or maybe just hang out in quirky jazz clubs), or explore some of the lesser-known parts of the city.
Want to get started?
Here are our 12 most popular articles to help you plan your trip to Paris:
- Top Paris Attractions - Planning your first trip? Start with these famous attractions and destinations
- Newest Paris Hotels - Stay in the city's newest, coolest accommodations
- Paris Christmas Markets- Where to find the best, the biggest, & the most tranquil
- Bastille Day - How to celebrate this spectacular French holiday in Paris
- Paris Arrondissements Guide & Map - Find the top attractions and neighborhoods in each Paris district
- Eiffel Tower Tickets - Want to go to the top without spending hours in line? Here's how to do it
- Paris Concerts - From classical to jazz to electronic dance music - find schedules and ticket info
- Paris Summer & Winter Sales - How to score the biggest bargains when Paris goes on sale twice each year
- Adapters & Converters for Paris, France - What should you bring with you?
- Paris Marathon - What to expect and best viewing locations for this popular April race
- Christmas in Paris - What to do and see during this magical time of the year
- Paris Hotel Deals - How to find savings and discounts on hotels
Thank you for visiting Paris Discovery Guide - and have a fantastic time in Paris!
Publisher, Paris Discovery Guide
Top photo: Notre Dame Cathedral, photographed during a boat ride down the Seine River before the fire, (c) Paris Discovery Guide
Paris Discovery Guide is a user-supported publication. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission. Learn more
Fun Things to Do & See in Paris
Need a Paris Hotel or Apartment for Your Visit?
Planning a trip to Paris? Use this hotel map to find hotels and apartments during your travel dates:
Check out the newest Paris hotels