Have any Paris travel questions? We're happy to answer - because if you're wondering about something related to visiting Paris, probably someone else is too. So instead of sending individual replies when we get questions about traveling to Paris, we post our answers here for everyone to see.
Take a look below at the FAQ list with some of the frequently-asked questions we've answered. Here's a link to our contact form if you'd like to ask a question.
Don't forget - you can use the Search function on each article (look for the search icon at the top right corner) on this website to find specific information anywhere on ParisDiscoveryGuide.com
Top photo: Arc de Triomphe at night
Your Questions - and Paris Discovery Guide's Answers
Questions about Attractions
What's a good museum to visit instead of the Louvre?
My husband and I want to visit a museum when we're in Paris but the Louvre seems too big and overwhelming, and besides, I suspect my husband gets bored if we stay in a museum too long. What's a good alternative to the Louvre?
What is the best Christmas Market?
I'm planning to visit Paris with my husband and two teenage daughters during December and we want to visit a Christmas market. Which one is best? (Information coming soon!)
Is there a substitute for Notre Dame Cathedral?
I'd planned to visit Notre Dame on my next visit to Paris - but I've heard it's closed for repairs after the fire. Is there another church that is similar? (Information coming soon!)
Trip Planning Questions
How to get Euros before traveling to Paris?
Do I need to get French money before I come to Paris? Where can I get it?
Best time to visit Paris - when to come?
I'm planning my first trip to Paris, and my schedule is flexible. What season or month is best?
Best season to visit Père Lachaise Cemetery while in Paris?
I visit Paris a few times a year for business, and always squeeze in some sightseeing. When is the best time of the year to plan a visit to Pere Lachaise Cemetery?
What to Do Once You Arrive in Paris - Q&A
Best things to do in Paris on Day 1
I'm arriving in Paris around 8am after an all-night flight. What are some good things to do while jet lagged? It's my first visit to Paris and I don't want to miss anything ...
Making sense of Paris hotel stars
I'm trying to make hotel reservations for my trip to Paris but I'm confused by the stars. What do they really mean? If I want a nice hotel, how many stars should I look for?
More Paris Travel Information
Here are our 12 most popular articles to help you plan your trip to Paris:
- Top Paris Attractions - Planning your first trip? Start with these famous attractions and destinations
- Newest Paris Hotels - Stay in the city's newest, coolest accommodations
- Paris Christmas Markets- Where to find the best, the biggest, & the most tranquil
- Bastille Day - How to celebrate this spectacular French holiday in Paris
- Paris Arrondissements Guide & Map - Find the top attractions and neighborhoods in each Paris district
- Eiffel Tower Tickets - Want to go to the top without spending hours in line? Here's how to do it
- Paris Concerts - From classical to jazz to electronic dance music - find schedules and ticket info
- Paris Summer & Winter Sales - How to score the biggest bargains when Paris goes on sale twice each year
- Adapters & Converters for Paris, France - What should you bring with you?
- Paris Marathon - What to expect and best viewing locations for this popular April race
- Christmas in Paris - What to do and see during this magical time of the year
- Paris Hotel Deals - How to find savings and discounts on hotels
Have any questions about Paris Travel not already answered here or elsewhere on the website? Drop us a line, and we'll do our best to answer.
Fun Things to Do & See in Paris
Need a Paris Hotel or Apartment for Your Visit?
Planning a trip to Paris? Use this hotel map to find hotels and apartments during your travel dates: