Fashionistas love shopping in Paris - and not just because of the luxury haute couture showrooms along "the Golden Triangle" and in grand department stores such as Galeries Lafayette where you can snap up the latest creations from Dior, Hermès, Louboutin, and other famous famous designers.
Paris practically bursts with wonderful places to shop where you can find top Parisian, French, and international fashions as well as decor, antiques, and home goods at prices ranging from high-end to affordable to downright cheap.
You can easily spend days exploring the small boutiques in trendy neighborhoods such as the Marais and Canal Martin, weekly pop-up street markets and lively pedestrian-only market streets, almost-hidden antique villages, historic glass-roofed arcades, and treasure-filled cookware stores near the old (and now new again) Les Halles market area.
And if you want more choices, there are glistening new shopping malls, bargain-filled (and high-end) flea markets, and even a discount designer mall with all the coveted brands you see in exclusive Paris clothing stores.
If you visit Paris from mid-November through the end of December, stop by the festive Christmas Markets that spring up around the city. In January-February and June-July, don't miss the famous winter and summer sales.
Where to begin? Use our Paris Shopping Guide to decide where to start your adventures - and then go wherever your passion leads you!
Top Photo - Latin Quarter clothing boutique with street artist Jérôme Mesnager's ghost-like Man in White (L’homme en Blanc) on the wall, (c) Paris Discovery Guide
Paris Discovery Guide is a reader-supported publication. When you buy through our links, we may earn a commission at no additional cost for you. Learn more
Paris Shopping Guide
Paris Designer Outlets
Did you know Paris has its own designer fashion outlet shopping center?
Find out about express bus service
Paris Shopping Experiences
These fun tours make shopping in Paris easy - and will give you great ideas about even more places to explore on your own:
- Fashion History in the Heart of Paris - You'll walk along Rue Saint-Honoré, Rue du Faubourg-Saint-Honoré, and Place Vendôme with an expert fashion industry professional as you learn about the history of Parisian haute couture and famous designers, as well as current fashion trends and insights into today's fashion industry. You'll also get a list of recommended Paris clothing stores, vintage shops, and boutiques. This is a private tour. Find out more
- Small Group After-Hours Visit to the Yves Saint Laurent Museum - This VIP after-hours tour lets you explore the historical fashion house and studio of France's great couturier, Yves Saint Laurent, as well as learn about the process of creating an haute couture collection. A highlight is seeing displays of his work from the museum's trove of 5,000 of his creations. More details and booking info
- Chocolate Walking Tour - The glamorous fashion district around Madeleine Church and Rue Saint Honoré boasts numerous gourmet chocolatiers - and you'll visit 5 of them on this popular tour and sample their mouth-watering creations while you learn about French chocolates. Find out more
More ways to experience Paris fashion
More Shopping Tips & Recommendations
- Best Flea Markets in Paris for Finding Big Bargains - These smaller flea markets offer you cheaper deals than the more famous and much larger Marché des Puces flea market - find out where to go!
- How to Claim a VAT Refund - Find out how non-EU residents can claim a refund on the VAT tax - and how much you can really save
- 14 Must-Visit Places to Shop in Paris - Find out about 14 must-visit shopping areas across Paris - Discover the best luxury districts, budget-friendly and discount options, trendy spots favored by emerging designers, and still-thriving historical venues for one-of-a-kind treasures
More Articles about Shopping in Paris
- Money in Paris - Euros, getting cash from ATMs, paying by credit card, and everything else you need to know about how to get and spend money in Paris
- Guide to the Famous Marché des Puces - The Paris flea market at Saint-Ouen - the source of many of the exquisite treasures you see in high-end antique shops in Paris
- Paris Sales - 10 tips for scoring the best deals at the January and June sales
- Paris Christmas Markets - Where to find the largest, the best for luxury gifts, and the best for having fun
- Smaller Paris Flea Markets - Where to find the biggest bargains and get the cheapest deals
- Bargain Paris Hotels - Prefer to spend your money for shopping? Find cheap rates on great Paris hotels
Want to Book a Paris Hotel or Apartment?
Enter your travel dates to see best rates for available Paris hotels and apartments:Booking.com
Trending: Most Popular Paris Attractions Right Now
- Disneyland Paris - Visit everyone's favorite theme park - Disneyland Paris 1-Day Ticket - Entry tickets +shuttle transport
- Versailles - Explore the magnificent palace, Hall of Mirrors, and lush gardens - Guided tour with round-trip transportation to Versailles from Paris - Entry tickets only
- Arc de Triomphe Rooftop Terrace & Seine River Cruise - Enjoy view all of Paris with this combo ticket - Skip the line tickets
- Musée d'Orsay - See Impressionist and Post-Impressionist masterpieces in this former train station - Priority tickets - Small Group tours
- Seine River Cruise - Enjoy panoramic views of top Paris monuments & landmarks - Book now