ParisDiscoveryGuide.com is an independent website, part of a family-run business that also publishes a travel website about Boston. That means we are not affiliated with a government tourist office, travel agency, cruise company, or anything other travel-related business. We do not accept payment, either direct or indirect, for the content that we write and publish, nor do we charge you a subscription fee of any sort to access it. We have sole control over the editorial content included on the site.
Paris Discovery Guide covers its expenses through advertising and affiliate relationships. Google provides ads ("Adsense") - you've probably noticed them on many pages. Affiliate relationships compensate Paris Discovery Guide with a small commission if you purchase or sign up their products after clicking on links in texts or images on the pages. This is how we are able to provide all the free content on this website, and continue adding to it.
There are 3 important things to know:
- These ads and affiliate relationships do not bias or influence what we write or publish.
- You do not pay any additional fees if you click on affiliate links and then buy or sign up for something - you'll pay the same or even less than if you purchased or signed on through PDG's affiliates directly.
- In some cases, Paris Discovery Guide is able to offer special discounts when you buy through our pages. This is because the affiliate company doesn't have to pay for advertising - so they pass part of their savings on to you.
In the case of Google Adsense, they select the ads they show, so if you see an ad related to a topic that we've written about, its content reflects their choice, not ours. They show different ads in different locations, so we probably don't see the same ads that you do.
In addition to Adsense, you will see other ads on the website. Several are for affiliates, such as TripAdvisor and Viator. We do our best to make sure that ads look like ads, and won't be mistaken for content. We turn down all paid endorsements, as well as ads from companies that don't meet our quality criteria. We also turn down all requests to publish promotional content written by others on the site (you'd be surprised by how many of those requests we get).
Affiliates such as TripAdvisor, Viator, Booking.com, and Paris City Vision represent our deliberate choices, chosen because we believe they deliver best value for the money. In fact, most are companies we use ourselves - usually after a lot of initial research to figure out which is the best.
For example, whenever we book tours in France or in other countries, we book tours through Paris City Vision and Viator because they work with only the best tours in each location - we've always had wonderful experiences with them, and believe that you will too. We book hotels through TripAdvisor and Booking.com, and have been happy users of the Paris Pass package. We shop for travel guide books as well as many other things through Amazon.
As you can see, we personally prefer companies that find the best prices from different sources, and then let you choose what's best for you. So we're happy to provide you with links to them. If you use their services or purchase their products and Paris Discovery Guide makes a small commission, that's a win-win and it is what makes the continuation and growth of this site possible. But if you want to get these services and products elsewhere, no worries!
We list the companies with which Paris Discovery Guide has an affiliate relationship at the bottom of this page. PDG also includes links to many attractions, businesses, and organizations where Boston Discovery Guide does not have an affiliate relationship.
One more thing - we pay for all our meals in restaurants, our tickets for attractions or events, entrance fees, etc. In the rare circumstances that we're offered and use complementary tickets, we state that clearly. Our goal is to bring you unbiased information that is accurate and trustworthy.
These are Paris Discovery Guide's main affiliate partners:
- Amazon - Competitive prices, excellent selection, and sometimes free shipping. ParisDiscoveryGuide.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com
- Art.com - Love their posters and prints of Paris!
- BookingBuddy - Finds the best prices for hotels, flights, cruises, and vacation packages
- Google Adsense - Ads for Paris events, restaurants, hotels, etc. (and whatever else they display)
- TripAdvisor - Great source of hotel reviews by recent visitors
- Paris City Vision - Tours to interesting places with top-notch guides and transportation
- Viator - Tours to interesting places with top-notch guides and transportation
We occasionally add other affiliates for short periods of time, especially when they offer discounts of interest to site visitors, and we're always on the lookout for other high-quality advertising and affiliates that will give you good discounts or convenience. We also drop affiliates if they no longer provide good value.
Please note that we do not accept direct advertising on ParisDiscoveryGuide.com - we're simply not staffed to do that.
Thank you for visiting Paris Discovery Guide - and enjoy your trip to Paris!
Publisher, Paris Discovery Guide
has been obtained.